- Began adding jukebox/music code,
- added gravity bombs and rockets,
- added dynamic draw distance trimming based on frame rate: if you drop below a certain frame rate, the camera attempts to render less distance, on a per camera basis.
- Began adding HUD mode-switching buttons
- Added rezzable wall barriers you can summon to protect you, implemented hit points so that these walls can only protect you from so much damage
- UPDATE: also added explosion effect for rockets and gravity bombs
- UPDATE: added HUD radar, already rendering enemies as blips and changing their display when the enemy detects the player’s avatar.
Click through to play!
[WP_UnityObject src=”http://blog.shadowmecha.org/20110813.unity3d” width=”640″ height=”480″/]
p + [ –> coupe
p + ] –> plane
p + = –> hoverpod
r –> fires rocket
b –> drops gravity bomb: on impact gravity shuts down for several seconds
l –> toggle headlight
o –> dump screenshot
WASD keys, <> keys, and arrow keys steer